Monday, August 30, 2010

My little Run

So I may or may not be involved in a weight accountability pact with a party that will remain anonymous. I have gotten off to a good start watching what I eat, portion control, lots of fruit and veggies. And I walk quite a bit when I go to school. But today, I kicked it up a notch.

For the majority of the weekend ( I am counting today as and extension of the weekend, because I did not have class) I have been sitting in my room working on my computer. So I thought I would go get some excercise. I set off in the only direction from the house that is not directly a hill. Needless to say the street turned in to a hill 100 yards later. This entire silly area is a series of hills on top of one another, as soon as you get to the top of one, you go down a little and go up another... I did make it back to the house. It was rough... Spokane people: think Doomsday on crack the whole way.

When I got back to my desk I mapped out where I ran on Google Earth. HA! Turns out I only ran 1.53 miles laterally, but my elevation change: 317 feet!

Brian and Natalie, you should be proud. I will try to tackle the same run later this week.

3 comments:

  1. I can't help but wonder what a non-Spokanite thinks when you say "Doomsday on crack"... I can visualize it perfectly!!! Good word choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I am proud for sure :) Though it does not sound like the most enjoyable area for running... You'll be able to conquer that huge hill by your parents' house though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never thought I would hear mom say anything "on crack" is good word choice. :)

    ReplyDelete