Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Attic of **insert awesome noun***

Ok Auntie Donna, this one is for you.
The Front of the house.

I have now been here for 2 weeks, and it is time to give a virtual tour of my living space. I believe this house is around 80 to 90 years old, it lies in to sweet borough of Edgewood. For those of you who were as unfamiliar with boroughs as I was, this area is its own municipality. They have their own police force, their own waste management, their own zip code, their own mayor. But is is less than one square mile, and really close to "Pittsburgh Proper," close enough that on mail, we are still "Pittsburgh, PA." It is about a 12 miniute walk to the bus stop, and really close to the parkway that leads to downtown. The neighborhood is awesome, a lot of families, a lot of people that have been there for a long time. The houses are all very different than Spokane, but very cool.
That little room on top, is my bathroom!
The house is three stories with a large, unfinished basement. The first floor has a very newly finished kitchen, a large living room area and a dining room. Up stairs is Larry's room, a bathroom, Larry's office, and a guest bedroom. Then the very top is my space! I have a fairly large room with a built in closet and my own private bathroom.
The door on the left opens to a very small landing to the stairs down.
My wall of awesome people. The closet is the door on the right.
My bed, and an uncompleted picture from from Kirsten.
My desk area, you can see it in the picture above.
My quote wall lives on!
My very own bathroom, to the right of the closet. There is a shower hiding behind the door.
The Stairs leading down and away from my paradise
The Mini Spaceship next to Larry's car.
Then more if you want to see!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say how EXCITED I am that I made the headline of this post!!!!!! But if that was not exciting enough ... I LOVE all the pictures!! Between your amazing stories and your great pics, I can pretend that I am on this adventure with you!! Here are just a few observations ...

    1) looks like you moved your bed from the original position when you first got there. Looks like the room is now very functional!

    2) Loved the green reusable bag on your bed!! Way to go!

    3) So ... I increased my image to 200% and still could not see me on your wall of "awesome people" ... hmmmmmm .... what do I need to do to attain this prestigious rank? Or is it a hopeless cause for me?!

    4) Love the fact that you took a Boy Scout Popcorn tin to the Burgh!!!

    5) Glad to see that you have a fan .... from what I remember of my little Scottith ... you can get hot very easily! Especially since you are in the attic!!

    6) No pirate seat cover????

    7) I am with Stan ... the descriptions of your classes make my head hurt!

    I am VERY proud of you and the way you have taken this on as an adventure! With all of the obstacles that were in your path you have figured out how to overcome them and have found a way to OWN this adventure! You inspire me! Keep up the great spirit, hard work, adventure seeking, and of course the blog (with pictures!)!

    Love you lots!!

    Auntie Donna

    ReplyDelete