Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Famous Chicken Fajitas

Well here they are. The very first thing that I make in Pittsburgh is my favorite meal (well... that I can make). Chicken Fajitas! This recipe has been handed to me from my wonderful mother.

Aprox. Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
 
2 Chicken Breasts
1 onion
1 pepper
1 packet of Fajita Seasoning (I like McCormick, but I can't find any here in Pittsburgh)
1 can of refried beans (I like the reduced fat variety)
Cheese
4-6 Tortillas
Lettuce
Guacamole if you want (or afford)
Salsa
Lizano! and other sauces.
Rice (Jake would always make us rice at GU)

Depending on how much you put in this will be enough for 2 - 3 people.

Cook thinly sliced onions and bell peppers in a small amount of oil until slightly brown. Set aside. Cook thinly sliced chicken until cooked. Add fajita seasoning mix and water as directed. (I add the onions into the chicken at this point, but they can be left separate for people like Larry and Chelsea)

Serve on tortillas with lettuce, cheese, and salsa or taco sauce. Serve with refried beans and rice. There is a lot that you can vary with this, my mother serves tater tots which can be really good inside the fajitas! Enjoy!

EDIT (9/9/10)

I made these again! This time I took some pictures!

Mmmm... Onions and Peppers....
Mmmm... Onions and Peppers with Chicken!
Done. With a fine beverage.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I am going to try this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tuned in to the blog thanks to your padre giving me the heads up. I enjoyed reading your prior posts and look forward to "visiting" Pittsburgh and CMU via the reduced cost of the internet. May the Force continue to be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss these enchiladas, as well as the times we all shared eating this meal together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer them with the onions and peppers already inside!
    TheforK

    ReplyDelete