Sunday, March 4, 2012

Interesting Things About Pittsburgh

This was originally on the right hand side of the blog, but as 'here' is no longer Pittsburgh, I need to refresh. But for posterity, and for us all to look back and laugh, here are the goods:

Interesting things about "here"

  • I take back all previous comments about PGH drivers... they stink. They stink like garbage.
  • Cars like to get all cozy with bicyclists.
  • Fogging up glasses.. in the morning... walking outside.
  • 90 Degrees + Humidity + Rain = Grossest Summer Rain Ever
  • Car to Car Conversations.
  • I miss Rocky's
  • Fireflys. In the words of my dear friend Brodie: 'I didn't have a favorite bug... but now I do.'
  • No matter what, you have to hate Philadelphia.
  • Speed limits are more of speed suggestions.
  • Tolls are dang expensive (just for you Caleb)
  • I need to get into SteamPunk
  • P3 where have you been all my life?
  • Watch out for Hipsters
  • Smell for Alcohol before getting into a conversation on the bus.
  • It is not appropriate to wear a Terrible Towel as a hat.
  • Pittsburghers don't know how to drive in the snow. And most (like 98%) don't have snow tires.
  • Don't use a shovel to move snow... just throw salt at it. It will go away.
  • CMU students like to boast about how little sleep they got.
  • During Hanukkah, saw a car with a 6 foot, electrically lit, Menorah driving down the road. Awesome
  • They don't know what a "California Stop" is because they just don't stop. And Red Lights are optional.
  • The loudness of your walking is inversely proportionate to your importance.
  • Made it all the way to School with my fly down. Awesome.
  • Is "Robustify" a word?
  • I silently judge young, able bodied people who sit in the front 1/4 of the bus.
  • They don't follow Traffic Laws... at all.
  • The trees are not all changing, some are still green.
  • Rob Wever - I hope you got your tire fixed
  • Whiteboard tables - Genius
  • Short Skirts and Dresses are not appropriate for bike use.
  • Yinz luv da Stillers - valid english here....
  • Pghers are very particular about how lunch meat is sliced
  • Some one from Pittsburgh is a "Pittsburgher" (Pitts-berger)
  • "Watch Children" Signs are a little creepy.
  • It is really hilly here.
  • They don't appreciate Chili like I do
  • I am at an "international school"
  • "Stop here on Red" signs are way back from the intersection
  • Unprotected Left Turns get the right-of-way (aka The Pittsburgh Left)

No comments:

Post a Comment