Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Im not dead... but my computer is trying.

I know I have been promising pictures for a while now... and I have them. There are some good ones. But I am in the middle of trying to rescue my computer (my desktop). The week before I packed up my computer to store at Gwyn's house before moving out here, my 2 TB Western Digital Drive started to show signs of going bad. Well, turns out it did go bad. Lucky for me, it was under warranty, and WD sent me a new drive. Unlucky for me I have been trying voodoo magic to try to get as much information off of it as possible before I send back the bad one. This has proven to be difficult, and I have almost resorted to putting the hard drive in the freezer to try to squeeze some life out of it (google search 'Hard Drive freezer recovery'... silly people). Anyway, this means that my computer is spilled all over my desk. There are hard drives hanging out, there are wires everywhere, it is a mess. But I want to get as much as I can done before I close it back up again. This, I have not had a chance to load some pictures... sorry. Just think of it this way, you will get to see The Coat Factory after it has been lived in for a little bit, just this weekend I put up some more things (the bathroom is looking very pirate-ish).

Work is going great! Today, I got some parts in to work on an interface board I am throwing together. One of my coworkers suggested using an Arduino. I had never heard of this and did some looking. I am in love already. This platform is a basic microprocessor for hobbyist use and prototyping. It is designed to be used by people who do not know how to program micros and the community looks great! I am already stoked about making a garden computer for my future planter boxes, and a light controller for my eventual DVD shelf. I am stoked. AND THE LILLYPAD! Sew-able electronics, you use conductive thread and sew your circuits to the clothes. This is great! Anyway, I get to experiment with this awesome little board at work. Today, after lunch, I started working on it, and before I knew it, it was time to go. I was blown away, and am excited to get back in tomorrow to keep working on it. So yeah, the job is going well ;)

But, my bed time is approaching. And we are supposed to get snow tomorrow! Yay! But I need to go to bed. (I don't know how those are related, but I am leaving it)

No comments:

Post a Comment