Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bad Day to open your eyes

So I know that everyone is dealing with it being cold, everywhere... but we have got something you might not have, wind. Let me tell you....

This morning when I woke up, I looked outside and saw that it was sunny! And it was 42 some odd degrees! I almost wore my UCLA sweatshirt! I did take the cozy lining out of my coat though, for fear of over heating. First bad choice of the day.

I met with Jackie (the Youth Pastor at Shadyside) for breakfast at Pamela's to talk about an upcoming senior high retreat. Afterward I made the trek from Squirrel Hill to CMU (about a 15 min walk). It was so very windy, sort of awesome to have a beard and long hair.... but so windy! The fairly chilly air mixed with 30-50 mph wind was brutal.

So after class I had dinner in Oakland with Skanda. I then proceeded to walk from there to Church. This is about a 15 minute walk as well, however it had gotten dark and significantly colder. When I got to church my eyes hurt from the wind. They are all blood shot now...

Luckily I was able to bum a ride from Randy (Thanks Randy!). And I am sitting in my nice and cozy room.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you didn't have your contacts in!!! Brutal! We have heard about the wind, so your post gave me a great mental image of you walking at an angle up the hill with tiny ice crystals pelting you. I bet it felt great to close your eyes when you got home!!! And I had already voted PGH the coldest wind I have felt back in Nov!!!

    ReplyDelete