Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

First post of 2012! Yay!

I just finished up a game of Carcassone with my mother... she won with a 11 city, fully occupied (yep... that is right, all 7 dudes) pasture. It was a good game.

This evening I made my Orange Chicken for my parents! As before, it was a big hit. I am surprising myself with Asian cooking, no only do I not know what I am doing but as for 2 years ago I would not even eat it. Look at me all grown up. Now for the record: The only food that I am 'eh' about is fish. I will eat it. But I am not a huge fan of it. Certainly not for how expensive some of it is. Everything else, I enjoy! Contrary to popular belief, I really do love deserts, and pizza, and Pamelas (Gwyn and Skanda, I am looking at you...). So if anyone wants to make a food suggestion for me to make or try let me know!

In other news, I received the go-ahead from the security team at MIT:LL. It is official, I am not a traitor, and I am not going to become one. Thank you to all of my references who vouched for me. Now I can start the apartment looking search! I am excited, now with the experience of moving 3 times on my own, I know what to look for, and I am stoked.

My break so far has been really relaxing. So much so that I am not wanted to bore you all with the mentality of it. Today I sewed a patch on my bag, took down Christmas lights, watched Joyeux Noel (great movie!) and made dinner. Yesterday my mom and I went fabric shopping for 6 hours. (more on that later...) I have spent a lot of time with family, a lot of time eating (my waistline is going to like living on my own again), and a lot of time playing with Murphy. It is all I can ask for.

Now for some sleep... you know, because I need to be up an at-em tomorrow... whenever I decide to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment